Ear, Nose, & Throat (ENT) Specialties Offered by San Antonio Sinus
We offer evaluations for a variety of San Antonio ENT conditions including:
- Nasal Obstruction
- Nasal Polyps
- Recurrent Sinus Infections
- Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
Sinusitis and Sinus Infection Treatments
What is Otolaryngology?
Otolaryngology is the medical specialty focusing on the ear, nose, and throat. Otolaryngologists are also trained to perform head and neck surgery. They are more commonly known as ear, nose, and throat doctors, or ENTs for short. Otolaryngology focuses on the treatment of:
- Ears: hearing loss, balance disorders, tinnitus, ear infections, facial and cranial nerve disorders, nerve pain, and congenital disorders of the inner and outer ear.
- Nose: allergy treatment, smell disorders, sinusitis, nasal polyps, nasal obstruction, deviated septum, and the cosmetic appearance of the nose.
- Throat: larynx diseases, voice, and swallowing disorders.
- Head and Neck: treatment of infectious diseases, malignant and benign tumors, facial deformities, and facial trauma.
In-Office Balloon Sinuplasty
Our ENT specialist, Dr. Kevin Browne, has expertise in performing in-office balloon sinuplasty (balloon sinus dilation). This minimally-invasive procedure is an excellent solution for eligible patients who are suffering from chronic sinus infections, or patients who have narrow or obstructed sinus passageways. The brief procedure is performed in our office under a local anesthetic. Most patients experience significant relief with minimal pain and benefit from the quick recovery time. Many patients return to work the very next day. *
Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
If you suffer severe nasal obstruction due to a deviated septum or polyps, and your situation is not suitable for in-office sinus dilation, outpatient endoscopic surgery is still available. This procedure is minimally invasive, uses the latest technologies, and is performed in the ambulatory surgical center with image-guided technology available if needed. You won’t have to deal with nose packing or splints, which means quicker recovery times.
Dr. Browne performs correction of a deviated nasal septum using a precise and innovative endoscopic technique. He is able to restore obstructed nasal breathing through a tiny incision in the nostril, without the need for packing or splints. Patients experience little pain post-surgery with no swelling or bruising. Many patients recover over a single weekend.
Point of Care CT Scanning
SA Sinus improves the patient experience by offering the latest in-office technology, starting with the diagnosis process. Xoran Mini-CAT in-office CT scanning provides point of care CT evaluation of the sinuses for our patients. This scanner uses very low radiation, permits rapid on-site testing, and provides immediate results which Dr. Browne can review with you in just one visit.
Our testing lab is fully accredited by the ICACTL indicating we meet the highest standards for safe CT scanning. We use the lowest possible radiation for all patients, and follow the strict ALARA standards for pediatric patients
Dr. Browne can also assist in diagnosing and treating sleep apnea, upper airway obstruction, and snoring issues.
Call today to set up an appointment with ENT specialist Dr. Kevin Browne. Get relief for your Ear Nose & Throat problems at
San Antonio Sinus
* Gould J; Alexander I; Tomkin E; Brodner D. In-office, multisinus balloon dilation: 1-Year outcomes from a prospective, multicenter, open label trial. American Journal of Rhinology & Allergy 2014 Mar-Apr;28(2):156-63. doi: 10.2500/ajra.2014.28.4043. Epub 2014 Feb 14.